Friday, June 20, 2014

"Who is the Protagonist of Your Life?" by Various Students in Grade 6

Some sixth-graders were asked to compare their lives to stories. A few of the names of persons within the writings have been changed. 

The protagonist of my story is me, Schelame C., because I am the one who is facing obstacles and rising from the ashes.

The major antagonist in my life is this girl from church. Usually people from my church are nice and friendly. Well, this girl isn't! Same thing about this girl Amelia. She tore my family apart.

The people who are foils in my life are my family. My mom Ebony and my dad Brian. Whenever I want to do something they are behind me 100%.

I think the biggest struggle in my life so far was when my mom had the twins. Well, they're not actually twins. They are one year apart. Ever since they were born, it has been hard work. Trying to change diapers, washing bottles and not being able to sleep until seven. They always wake up at five. Always five. I am still trying to count how many days until I am off to college.

The overarching tone of my life is happy, jumpy, funny, sometimes serious and thinky. My mom raised me to be proud of how I am and to not to try to be someone else 'cause everyone is already taken. Also that some people in your life are a blessing and some people in your life are a lesson.

***
The protagonist of my life is me, Ashton S., because no matter how hard things get, when no one is there to help me, when there is no one to lean on, I am here for myself. Through all of the obstacles I face, I alone always triumph.

The major antagonists in my life are the people that try to stop me from triumphing and pursuing my dream, which is to become a lawyer and an excellent one at that. I aim to be the top lawyer and to be the best that I can be. 

The people who function as foils in my life are the people that help and inspire me most such as my friends and family. With regard to friends I think I would have to say Ahliajah. She is one of my best friends. She has been there with me forever mostly since third grade. She stood up for me and helped me when I needed help. I call her my cousin or a sister. With regard to family it would have to be my sister Anitra. I love her more than you can ever think of. She and my two brothers, Avery and Yy. Ty is the older one. They all bring out the best in me. I love them very, very much. 

The biggest struggle in my life is external because a lot goes on in my family and there is not really much I can do about it. In fact, I can't do anything about it. I really wish I could help. If I could I would. I do ask, "Can I help?" to my brother and he says "Nawwww..." But I think he's just kidding with me. I love him very much. 

***
The protagonist of my life is my own self. I know this because not like in the fairy tales I don't have a knight and shining armor. In my life, I overcome obstacles and challenges on my own, and I am proud of the things that I do. 

In my life I won't say I have a major antagonist, probably for just 75% of my life, because when I grow up I won't have to live with my mean, selfish, teasing brother anymore. He always calls me mean names. It irritates me so much. But still he is my brother, and I do care about him.

My parents function as foils in my life because they are the ones who have raised me to be as I am: smart, and talented. But sometimes I can be a bit of a brat. My parents teach me how to be polite; and no matter how much my brother teases, me they protect me and help me to ignore it. 

One of my biggest struggles in life might seem weird to people, but it is studying and memorizing my notes at school. I am one of those people we all call nerds. I always want perfect grades. I always like being number one in terms of being smart. Well, every time I have a test, I have to study, but when I study a lot of things distract me. It is so hard for me to study! Even if it is just little things, I stop my work. I am not lazy -- actually I love learning, but sometimes I get too distracted. That's why sometimes I get low test grades.

 ***
The protagonist in my life is me, Olivia P., because I have to overcome obstacles and challenges in the story of my life. I know I'm the protagonist because I am the hero.

The major antagonist in my life is fear because sometimes I let fear take control of me like a nemesis or an enemy. I think of fear as a person trying to take over my emotions and mess with my head. 

Many people in my life function as foils. My parents are a perfect example. They help me and life me from whatever struggles I'm going through. They are my role models and encourage me, and they bring out my best attributes. 

My biggest struggle in life so far has been being able to not live my entire life in fear. It feels like I have a second shadow. The fear just lingers around me. I try very hard not to think of it. If I live my entire life in fear, it doesn't allow me to be confident or brave enough to do what I want to do. 

The overarching tone of my life so far is happy. This tone of my life has meaning to me. When I'm happy I just feel that I am welcomed into the world for who I am and not for how I look or what I wear. When I'm happy, I am in my own world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment